Miditizer 50 concern:

Job one is installing the Miditzer and getting it configured
jimbo
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 0

Post by jimbo » Wed Dec 14, 2005 3:43 pm

Jim Henry, et.al:
   I have installed the released version of MIdidtzer o.50.exc. No pboblems with download or installation.  I have however, made he following observations between tis verson and the 0.50 development version 10051106.
  The release version 0.50 sounds very harsh and brassy. compared to the develpment version. I Noticed this immediately when I ran release version 0.50 for the first time. I believe some of te stops have been crossed in release version 0.50. The Tibia 8' is sounding very harsh and raspy much as one would expect from a reed or horn/brass stop. My guess is that the 8' Tibia has been switched with the 8' Clarinet stop!! If you re-register your stop selection and substitutue the 8' clarinet for the 8' tibia it sound much more like the development version which I think is terrrific.  I ran these versions back to back using the exact same Miditzer setup values and same stop selection. Has anyone else observed this?? 
For now, I will stick with the Development version as it is much better sounding. At leat to my ear. The 8' tibia should not be that harsh and brassy sounding but rather a mellow flute like tone.
  JIMBO

Jim Henry
Admin Group
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Post by Jim Henry » Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:19 pm

Try deleting the Miditzer.stg file from the directory the 0.50 release
is installed in, probably C:\Program Files\Miditzer Style 216. 
This will force the Miditzer back to its defaults.  You may have
picked up an odd configuration from 0.41.

Fergie

Post by Fergie » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:42 am

I downloaded 0.50 and it worked straight away, no problems.  What I'd like to know is, how do I use John Tay's Wurlitzer soundfonts with this version?  I have tried a few things but just can't figure out how to make it happen.
Full marks Jim, you've given us a wonderful tool to make beautiful music with.  I had wondered about the Harp being at 8' in earlier versions and had already changed it in the soundfont to give me a 4' which I find much more useful.  The English Post Horn on 2nd touch is great too. 
Fergie

Jim Henry
Admin Group
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Post by Jim Henry » Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:46 am

See the answer in Using John Tay's Sound Font.  (Fair warning, you'll probably go "Duh!" after reading it.)

jimbo

Post by jimbo » Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:37 am

Jim Henry,
      Regarding my posted concern above: Your suggested fix to the problem took care of the concern very nicely. THANKS for a GREAT JOB, really enjoying my MIDITZER ORGAN. Next project is to build a pedal clavier!!
      I demonstrated the MIDITZER ORGAN to a close friend who is our Church organist and also a very capable Theatre organist. He was very amazed and impressed with its capabilities. So much so that he will be coming a new member. I will be helping him install the Miditzer Organ using his Roland's keyboard system.
     Our Church pipe organ (Originally A theatre organ built in 1925 by The American Organ Company in Philadelphia and removed from a Tgheatre in 1930 and instlaled in the Church in 1931) now has midi capability which I helped Mudler / Hunter Oragn COmpany (Philadelphia) update and install. Some day soon, that former Theatre organ is once again going to be back playing as a MIDITZER ORGAN. It has a beautiful walnut horseshoe console.  The possibilites are thrilling to think about. 
     Jimbo