missing file libgthread-2.0-0.dll

Job one is installing the Miditzer and getting it configured
greenfox
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 0

missing file libgthread-2.0-0.dll

Post by greenfox » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:44 pm

I have now experienced a second time, an error starting Miditzer.

I get the message that the file libgthread-2.0-0.dll is missing and the program may need to be reinstalled.

I did reinstall Miditzer last time and this fixed it. Maybe I should do it again and check where the file is located and keep a copy somewhere.

Could antivirus software be deleting this file?
I haven't had any messages warning of any malicious files of anything wanting to delete files.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Does anyone have any thoughts on what is happening?
I am running a WinXP 32 bit system with AVG Business Edition anitvirus software.

Thank you
Rick
Rick

CFSAW
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Re: missing file libgthread-2.0-0.dll

Post by CFSAW » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:11 am

Hello Rick:

I have experienced the same problem running Win 7...I found that it was due to the program not running as administrator.

I went to the program directory and checked properties on the exe file...then set to "run as admin".

This should solve the problem for you...

Hope that helps,

Carl

Jim Henry
Admin Group

Post by Jim Henry » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:35 am

Rick and Carl,

I think the requirement for libgthread-2.0-0.dll comes with newer versions of FluidSynth than the one included with the official Miditzer releases. Does that make any sense in terms of what you are doing?
Jim Henry

greenfox

Post by greenfox » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:13 pm

Yes, it is definitely something to do with experimenting with newer versions of Fluidsynth, but I can't quite pinpoint how the files could be deleted?

Maybe something to do with installing Q-Synth?

There is a second file gone missing from the Miditzer install folder: libglib-2.0-0.dll

XP doesn't have the file write protection aspect like Win7 needing to run the program as administrator (if it is installed in the Program files area). Win7 wants to see only core program files installed in the Program Files area. Any file that needs to be written to and changed (ie storing configuration) Win7 wants to see stored in the Documents area.
To save requiring workarounds, a new version of Miditzer could have its installer package updated to suit the newer versions of Windows.
Rick

Bill

Post by Bill » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:50 am

Hi Rick,

I will leave it to Jim to give the definitive answer, but I have just checked on my machine here at work and neither of those 2 files are in my Miditzer 216 folder, and this machine has not had Qsynth installed on it.

Bill

Jim Henry
Admin Group

Post by Jim Henry » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:27 am

libgthread didn't ship with any of the released Miditzers as it wasn't needed. What I am puzzled by is what changed on your machines to create the need for libgthread. A newer version of FluidSynth is the first suspect that comes to mind. That would require some sort of redirection of the output to an external FluidSynth.
Jim Henry