cannot load 260

Job one is installing the Miditzer and getting it configured
StentorVox
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 0

cannot load 260

Post by StentorVox » Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:28 pm

I am in process of wrapping up my extensive 88-page tutorial on converting XP computers into a MIDI organ, and using the MidiTzer 216 as the de facto setup standard.

TWO QUESTIONS:

QUESTION ONE:

I wish to install the 260 but am locked out although I just paid for its license.

I keep getting the shut-down message since "the trial period has ended."

(a) I am installing it from a thumb drive, since this computer is protected from Internet access.
(b) I may have installed it on this computer years ago in its incubation period, and it remembers that.

How can I install what I paid for if it will not even open for me to add the code number?

QUESTION TWO:

I have installed five Creative Live soundcards that are recognized by MidiTzer in "settings / input"

All five cards are listed in the "settings / output," but I cannot get it to display the fifth card when I click on the configuration (right-click).

Help - this is not good.

pk @ StentorVox (dot) com

Jim Henry
Admin Group
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Re: cannot load 260

Post by Jim Henry » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:21 am

You should not be prevented from loading the 260 even if the trial period has ended. The only thing that gets shut off when the trial period has expired is the MIDI input. You should still be able to start the 260 and click on things with the mouse and play from the computer keyboard. You are correct that the registration is tied to the machine and if you've ever run the trial on a machine that will affect newer versions of the 260 as well.

If you aren't able to install/load the 260 my guess is that the thumb drive might be the issue. Do you have a hard drive that the thumb drive contents can be transferred to? I am just guessing so I can't say that this would change anything but it seems worth a shot.

I never tried more than two Live! cards and I recall that being a tricky thing to make work. I don't know if I've ever heard of someone getting 5 Live! cards to work in a single machine. Anyone with experience running more than two Live! cards please share any ideas you might have about this.
Jim Henry

Jim Henry
Admin Group

Post by Jim Henry » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:26 am

I've created a new thread for the Live! soundcard issue. Hopefully it get more attion in its own thread:

http://miditzer.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3508
Jim Henry

Jim Henry
Admin Group

Post by Jim Henry » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:32 am

Is it possible to get a screen shot of the screen just before the Miditzer shuts down?
Jim Henry