Can another Clavier be added to the 260?

Job one is installing the Miditzer and getting it configured
hiphoptwo
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Can another Clavier be added to the 260?

Post by hiphoptwo » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:29 pm

I am running the 260 on a Yamaha HS7 plus a Masterkey 61. Under inputs they are:
Great (HS7 Upper) on Ch 1
Swell (HS7 Lower) on Ch 2
Pedal (HS7 Pedal) on Ch 3
Solo (Masterkey 61) on Ch 4
Aux (HS7) on Ch 16
The expression pedal on the HS7 works, but the pistons do not, even though they contain the right PCs. The 260 is on a 23 inch touchscreen and works great, but even on that big screen it is not practical to change pistons while playing. Even if the pistons on the HS7 worked, there are only 8 and they cannot be reprogrammed. I bought a Korg Nanopad2 to operate the pistons. It has 16 pistons (pads) with 4 programs each. The problem is: When I install and configure the Korg (on Ch 16), it operates the presets on the HS7 but has no effect on the 260. And it shuts off the expression pedals. I am wondering if it is possible to create another Clavier called Aux2 (or whatever) to work the pistons on an unused channel (5,6,7,8)?

Jim Henry
Admin Group
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Re: Can another Clavier be added to the 260?

Post by Jim Henry » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:23 am

Yes, I think you will be able to use the pistons on both the HS7 and the Korg Nano pad.

I would start by getting the HS7 piston to work. I am about 90% sure that the issue is finding out what MIDI channel(s) the pistons use. There 16 MIDI channels. It seems like the pistons do not use channel 16. Here are 3 ways you can try to figure out the channels:

1) Read the manual. This can be harder than it should be.

2) Use a utility like the free MIDI-OX. This is the easiest way IF you know how to use MIDI-OX. Learning MIDI-OX is worthwhile but you may or may not be inclined to do so right now.

3) Trial and error. 16 doesn't work. 1 down 15 to go. Most likely it is a low number. Start at 1 and work your way up. For now just continue to use the Aux "clavier". If you find a channel that works, tell us what it is and we can see if we can then free up the Aux for the Nanopad.
Jim Henry