Installing 216 on ACER 5003 with 32-bit XP SP3

Job one is installing the Miditzer and getting it configured
thebytechoice
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Re: Installing 216 on ACER 5003 with 32-bit XP SP3

Post by thebytechoice » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:16 pm

Jim - went to the section "MIDITZER on LINUX" and found your answer to the M settings issue posted a while back. Worked perfectly for accessing the MIDITZER settings on my LINUX Mint 17 netbook! WINE config changes do the trick. Now all I need to do is check if my M-Audio USB UNO really will allow the playing of MIDITZER on this netbook to be controlled from an external MIDI keyboard. If so, I will be very ecstatic!

Now all I need to find is a solution (preferably software) for a BASS NOTE COUPLER so I can have the left-most note on the lower manual play the assigned Pedal MIDI channel. I am lousy at Pedal Playing and the hardware to do it is expensive.

Jim Henry
Admin Group
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Re: Installing 216 on ACER 5003 with 32-bit XP SP3

Post by Jim Henry » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:33 pm

thebytechoice wrote:Now all I need to find is a solution (preferably software) for a BASS NOTE COUPLER so I can have the left-most note on the lower manual play the assigned Pedal MIDI channel. I am lousy at Pedal Playing and the hardware to do it is expensive.
The solution you want is the Miditzer's keyboard split feature. Configure the Acc and the Pedal to be played by the same keyboard and set the note ranges as you see fit. You can transpose the notes by octaves if necessary.

How you are going to split your left hand to play the Pedal and the Accompaniment is up to you! :D I suppose if you can play stride style it would sound pretty much like a basic pedal-accompaniment rhythm.
Jim Henry