Miditzer installer - virus warning in AVG

Job one is installing the Miditzer and getting it configured
HopefulPlayer
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Miditzer installer - virus warning in AVG

Post by HopefulPlayer » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:18 am

I am trying to download the Miditzer installer Miditzer216_0881Install.exe from Cnet. My AVG antivirus reports this as containing a Trojan Horse threat. When I tell AVG to render the file safe (I've forgotten the exact wording) it deletes it altogether. I've tried this three times, and also looked for an alternative download site, but I can't find one. Um . . . HELP! And thanks!

Jim Henry
Admin Group

Re: Miditzer installer - virus warning in AVG

Post by Jim Henry » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:47 am

Try downloading the Development version listed here:
http://miditzer.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2499
Jim Henry

reuel

Post by reuel » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:36 am

HopefulPlayer wrote:I am trying to download the Miditzer installer Miditzer216_0881Install.exe from Cnet. My AVG antivirus reports this as containing a Trojan Horse threat. When I tell AVG to render the file safe (I've forgotten the exact wording) it deletes it altogether. I've tried this three times, and also looked for an alternative download site, but I can't find one. Um . . . HELP! And thanks!
Jus UNINSTALL AVG. Get another FREE antivirus e.g "360 Intenet Security" (made in China)
One of my customer had his expensive PlasmaCAM CNC software repeatedly deleted by AVG. He just had to uninstall AVG.

rmac
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 0

Post by rmac » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:47 pm

There seems to be another way to download the various Miditzers albeit somewhat convoluted.

Virtual Organ.com Home.
Miditzer 260SP read more
Get started now or Download the Miditzer Style 260SP

This brings you to downloads for the 260SP, 150 Ver.0.882, 216 Version.881 or 216 Version.84 Legacy. Clicking on any of these brings it to the top where you can download it.

My question is does this download come directly from Virtual Organ.com bypassing Cnet. and if it does why this information so obscure?

Bob The Virtual Organist.

Jim Henry
Admin Group

Post by Jim Henry » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:20 pm

Those downloads do come directly from VirtualOrgan.com. They were the older location of the downloads. cNet.com used to be a more friendly source and so it was given preference as the source for downloading. Here is a direct link to the locally hosted download section:
http://www.virtualorgan.com/downloads/d ... 4&iType=17

I would still encourage anyone who is not using the cNet download to go to the Development Labs section of this Forum and download the alpha version of the 216.

It should be obvious that many things have not been updated as much as they probably should be. A complete overhaul of the website and forum has been started and set aside many times. I am most embarrassed that it has been so long since an official update of the Miditzer has been released. All I can say is that this is a volunteer effort and we do what we can. The amount that could and should be done far outstrips the manpower available to do it.
Jim Henry