Cannot activate 260SP Trial Period

Job one is installing the Miditzer and getting it configured
keithlawes
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Cannot activate 260SP Trial Period

Post by keithlawes » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:50 am

Hi, Having problems activating the trial period on the 260SP. The small panel appears and asks me if I want to start the trial period, when I click the YES key it immediately disappears. Nothing else happens. If I run task manager and look at the applications window the 260SP application disappears immediately the YES key is pressed.
If I click the NO key the 260SP organ appears and works fine via the screen but obviously no MIDI connection.
Any ideas anyone??

Jim Henry
Admin Group

Re: Cannot activate Trial Trail Perio

Post by Jim Henry » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:51 am

Try running the Miditzer as an Administrator when you activate the trial period. Right click the Miditzer and select Run as administrator.

BUT do take the time to thoroughly explore the always free Style 216 before activating the trial. The 260 is just "more of the same." No point in burning up the trial days until you have the 216 running smoothly. If you have a problem with the 216, you'll have the same problem with the 260.
Jim Henry

keithlawes

Re: Cannot activate 260SP Trial Period

Post by keithlawes » Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:59 pm

Fantastic! Hole in one. Thanks for the advice. Happy to start the trial period as already playing the 216 and loving it! Will register shortly as assuming the pieces I want to perfect and record will take longer than 60 days.....

Only one slight gripe, think it should be made clear the donation level required for a registration number is $100 before you donate. Perfectly reasonable amount given the complexity and capability of the software, but think it should be made clear before you go into that screen.

One other problem I had is that the organ is disabled when you are in the miditzer settings screen. Spent ages unable to get the 216 to work, was trying every combination of channel and midi input under the sun, but staying in the settings screen. Just needs a note on the screen that you need to come out to make the midi connection work.

Thanks for a truly great package. The sound of the mighty Wurlitzer for 0.0001% of the price!

Jim Henry
Admin Group

Post by Jim Henry » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:07 am

keithlawes wrote:Only one slight gripe, think it should be made clear the donation level required for a registration number is $100 before you donate. Perfectly reasonable amount given the complexity and capability of the software, but think it should be made clear before you go into that screen.
Fair enough. What would you suggest to improve the clarity of the donation level and where would you put it?
keithlawes wrote:One other problem I had is that the organ is disabled when you are in the miditzer settings screen. Spent ages unable to get the 216 to work, was trying every combination of channel and midi input under the sun, but staying in the settings screen. Just needs a note on the screen that you need to come out to make the midi connection work.
I agree that the configuration process could be improved. I do want to look at it when the opportunity presents itself.
Jim Henry

keithlawes

Post by keithlawes » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:29 pm

Fair enough. What would you suggest to improve the clarity of the donation level and where would you put it?
Wow, asking the customer to name a price. Maybe a little dangerous! I dread to think how many hours of software and other effort must have gone into this, so I would think that $100 is pretty fair for permanent use. Especially if you consider the comparatively small number of users compared to say Adobe Photoshop or something similar which you now have to hire at $20 or so a month. And that's every month from here to eternity.

On configuration ideal would be for the organ and midi interface to still work in the configuration screens, but failing that just a note saying you need to come out of the configuration screen to test the settings.

Jim Henry
Admin Group

Post by Jim Henry » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:22 pm

Oh sorry, I thought we were talking about how to more clearly state that $100 is the minimum donation to receive a registration for the 260SP. The amount has been $100 since day 1 and that seems to have been accepted as fair.
Jim Henry