computer

Job one is installing the Miditzer and getting it configured
susanne
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 0

computer

Post by susanne » Fri May 19, 2017 8:45 am

Hi, Can some one please let me know what spec computer i would need to run Miditzer 260sp and what i would need to be able to control it from the organ, as you will have gathered i know nothing about computers so any help you can give me i would be greatfull for, thankyou Susanne.

Jim Henry
Admin Group
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Re: computer

Post by Jim Henry » Fri May 19, 2017 9:22 am

Hi susanne,

The Miditzer, even the Style 260SP, doesn't need anything particularly special in terms of a computer. Just about any computer that runs Windows should do the job. The requirements for the 260SP aren't really any different from the requirements for the Style 216. I always strongly recommend that people start with the 216 and not even think about the 260SP until they have the 216 working to their satisfaction AND they are able to make good use of everything on the 216. This may sound odd but I really do not think most people should be using the 260SP ever because it puts too much in front of you. There is so much in the 260SP that you really need to understand theatre organs to not be overwhelmed by it.

The basic thing needed to control the Miditzer from a real organ console is a MIDI connection to send MIDI data from the organ to your computer. That will almost always give you control of the keyboards without much ado. You'll also want to control the pistons and the swell pedals but that usually takes a bit more effort to get configured. You can also control the stop tabs but that is an ambitious undertaking that very few people bother with.

I am sure this has raised more questions than it has answered, so feel free to ask those questions. Once you start to grasp what is needed, we can get into the specifics of what you have and what you need to get going with the Miditzer. The Miditzer is completely playable, at an elementary level, with just the computer. So download the Style 216 and get it playing on your computer as the first step. You can download the Style 216 using this link:
https://miditzer.org/index.php/miditzer ... -style-216
Jim Henry

Jim Henry
Admin Group

Post by Jim Henry » Fri May 19, 2017 4:23 pm

One more tip:

It makes almost no difference in demand on the computer to connect an organ console. If you are shopping for a computer, install the Miditzer on it and see how it does with the "Console Up" song. While I doubt you will find any computer that will have trouble with that test, it might offer you a bit of reassurance in the computer selection process.

There is no need for a new computer. Even computers that are so old that they are being given away for free will handle the Miditzer. You need to remember that the Miditzer is a very old program. It was initially released in 2003 or 2004. The last major upgrade was in 2008 I think. You'll be hard pressed to find a computer that is as old the program. And it was written to run on computers that were average performers at the time it was written.
Jim Henry

susanne
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 0

computer

Post by susanne » Sat May 20, 2017 4:46 am

Hi, i am not on line at home but i do have a computer(old) can i down load 216 at the local library onto a memory stick and the load it on to my computer at home, thanlyou Susanne.

EdmondLo

Post by EdmondLo » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:18 am

suseanne wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 4:46 am
Hi, i am not on line at home but i do have a computer(old) can i download the 2 week diet plan 216 at the local library onto a memory stick and the load it on to my computer at home, thanlyou Susanne.
Are there any good ready to go pcs on Amazon?