Re-installing on Windows 10

Job one is installing the Miditzer and getting it configured
Missing Lincs

Re-installing on Windows 10

Post by Missing Lincs » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:36 am

Hello again all, it's been a while since I've been on the forum. All has been working well but now I've decided to update the PC running Midizer 260 to one running Windows 10.

It's some time since I did the first install under Windows 7 and the old grey matter is a little foggy.

Miditzer is installed and the program is running OK.

I can't however get my sound card to talk to Miditzer. The card is a Soundblaster X-Fi Fatal1ty which was used in the old PC.

I seem to be missing the SB Synth A and SB Synth B inputs which from memory I think I used to use before? I only have SB Midi port which doesn't seem to work. Both Synth A & B are listed in the outputs alongside SB Midi port.

I also seem to remember having to install some more creative software to install soundfonts?

Can anyone suggest what I'm missing please.

Missing Lincs

Re: Re-installing on Windows 10

Post by Missing Lincs » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:51 pm

I'm beginning to remember a few things, Soundfont Manager seems to be something I'm missing and it doesn't look like it's available any more from Creative.

It also looks like Creative have all but abandoned support for MIDI on their products.

Also from reading around the forum it seems like most users have now abandoned hardware synthesis and are using just Fluidsynth.

When I first started using Miditzer sound latency was a problem with a PC only installation, now having experimented on the current computer I find that isn't the case.

I'm going to get hold of a simple midi interface and remove the SB. The PC motherboard I have supports quite an impressive sound system of its own which I'm going to have a try with. I've seen mention of an Emu XMidi 1x1 which is reasonable priced and looks to stand a better chance of correct operation than some of the unbranded offerings on eBay.

bobinmissouri
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 0

Post by bobinmissouri » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:49 pm

I have the evaluation copy of the 260 Miditzer on Windows 10, but I have a different sound card than Soundblaster. I had no trouble installing the 260 Miditzer. Also it seems to work well and have no problems.

I can tell you and verify that 'Cakewalk' has abandoned midi in their 'Music Creator' series of software. In fact they do not even offer 'Music Creator' in their lineup of software today. I purchased 'Music Creator 5' and it still has fairly good software for midi editing. Then I purchased 'Music Creator 7'. What a change! You can still edit midi in the program but it is no easy task. I have been using 'Music Creator 5' for most of my editing although I have 'Music Creator 2002' in an Windows XP computer, where I edit midi files from time to time. To compare 2002 to 5, I would rather edit in 2002. There is a problem with 2002 in Windows 10, It doesn't let you load the program into the computer.

I don't think that I have helped you much with your problem, but I am just verifying your Cakewalk observation.
bobinmissouri

Jim Henry
Admin Group
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Post by Jim Henry » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:26 am

Missing Lincs,

I think you are heading in a good direction.
Jim Henry

Missing Lincs

Post by Missing Lincs » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:56 am

Thank you both for replying.

I think I fell into the trap of trying to repeat what I'd done previously rather than looking forward.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Joe Roberts
Groupie

Post by Joe Roberts » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:40 pm

Greetings...
It's been awhile......
I Have a new CP and am trying to re-install my Opus 355 Miditzer 260....
The registration # is deemed invalid.....
I have saved my original registration # and that's all I have....
Waddya think??

ps..I've downloaded the file and the organ appears on-screen...but won't accept midi...It does play by pressing individual notes with my mouse......and of course the nameplate is "unregistered"....

johnh
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 0

Post by johnh » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:14 am

Did you try 'running as administrator' when you launched the Miditzer to enter your id?

---john.

Joe Roberts
Groupie

Post by Joe Roberts » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:39 pm

Hi John....
It took me awhile to get around to trying your suggestion....
and it worked.....!!
Thanks so very much....
Regards,
Joe