technics 35 organ

You need one or moreMIDI keyboards to really play the Miditzer
s-roy17
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

technics 35 organ

Post by s-roy17 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:17 am

I have only ever connected the miditizer to my yamaha keyboard but the sound only comes through the laptop if I was to connect it to a technics organ where would the sound come from. Is there anyway to connect the sound even to a surround sound system with out using the tv.

Jim Henry
Admin Group
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Re: technics 35 organ

Post by Jim Henry » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:13 am

The sound is generated by the computer by default. There are other possibilities but they require rather advanced hardware configurations. Let's just focus on the default configuration.

The audio output from your computer can be routed to an external sound system by connecting a cable from the "headphone" jack to the external sound system.

Many Technics organs have an input jack for external audio. It might be as simple as using an appropriate audio cable to connect the computer to the Technics.

You can also get external sound systems made specifically for use with computers. You can get a 5.1 surround system although, at this time, the Miditzer only provides simple 2.1 stereo audio output. The subwoofer, the .1 part of the speaker system, will be the big gain.

Upgrading the audio system can provide major improvements to a Miditzer. There are a lot of possibilities. Some members of this Forum have made some elaborate audio systems for the Miditzer.
Jim Henry