Splitting a Keyboard, ver. 0.8

You need one or moreMIDI keyboards to really play the Miditzer
Jim Henry
Admin Group
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Re: Splitting a Keyboard, ver. 0.8

Post by Jim Henry » Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:50 pm

The current version 0.883 of the 260SP supports the keyboard split feature.
Jim Henry

WERSI-Tifoso
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 0

Post by WERSI-Tifoso » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:16 am

"Au-weia.." and oops :oops: Lesson learnt: get up to date before shouting to the forum. Sorry for wasting Your time.
Hartmut

32footpedalpipe

Post by 32footpedalpipe » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:06 pm

Okay, and what do you do if one keyboard isn't working? Like the 61-note isn't working.
32' pedal pipes combined with horn makes for a true theatre organ sound in movie music.

Jim Henry
Admin Group

Post by Jim Henry » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:08 am

32footpedalpipe wrote:Okay, and what do you do if one keyboard isn't working? Like the 61-note isn't working.
If this is problem you are having rather than just a hypothetical, then you should start a new topic and describe the symptoms more completely.
Jim Henry

quadibloc

Re:

Post by quadibloc » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:47 am

Jim Henry wrote:If you have only a single keyboard, you can configure the Miditzer to split the keyboard and use one keyboard for two manuals.
This certainly is useful if you only have one MIDI keyboard attached to your computer. (When I first heard of this new feature, I had misunderstood it; I thought you meant that the manuals on the organ could be split as a sort of added feature beyond what the original pipe organ could do.)

I saw a post here that explained that one can play a MIDI file while one is recording a MIDI file; this was noted as a way to splice MIDI files together. I'm not sure if that also allows one to play additional notes on the keyboard at the same time, but since I can hear notes I play that way while a MIDI file is playing, I suppose it is.

Given that, I would like to suggest a useful feature for some future version of the MidiTzer program for your consideration. At the moment, one can use the keys of the bottom two rows of the computer keyboard to play the solo manual. What if they could be switched to play the accompaniment manual or the pedal clavier? Even just as a menu option, that would broaden the usefulness of the program without a keyboard. (Although that may not be much of a priority, as I suppose one could configure Midi-Ox for such a purpose.)

It already does have the feature, by using the numbers 1-5 on the numeric keypad, of moving the keys of the computer keyboard across the manual to different octaves, I notice.

thereval1

Post by thereval1 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:14 am

I have a Casio CTK 900 and I hook it up channel 1 solo manual, layer witch is channel 2 I set the pedal and gives more stops to the solo, and on the split which is channel 3 I set the accomp. works really well. i don't have pedals. I also have a Casio CTK 800 wich works the same way. But the 800 will not work on win7 as Casio hasn't given out drivers for this. but works well on XP.

thereval1

Post by thereval1 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:41 am

I forgot to mention that as you split and use the split button which gives you channel 3 on which you set accomp.that you also have to transpose the accomp. up one octave +12

compton

Post by compton » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:23 pm

Hi

set the Main and Layer sound to OOO volume...set all channels to 1.....use the Casio accomp and rhythm to back yourself with miditzer rego for the right hand melody.

I always liked the Casio Foxtrot :D

Ian
compton