Miditzer 260 to controll real wurlitzer

Comments and suggestions regarding Marketplace products
Dale Abrams
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 0

Miditzer 260 to controll real wurlitzer

Post by Dale Abrams » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:08 am

Hello All, I dont' know if anyone has or if one can but here it goes. I have just recently returned from the land of NYTOS with two 5 rank wurlitzer manual chests. No console or relay/switch stack. I must find or make a digital relay to controll them. I'm looking for some ideas and was also woundering if there was a way to use my present 260 set up ?
thank you in advance.
Dale Abrams
Syracuse,NY area
Dale Abrams
Conn650/Miditzer

Jim Henry
Admin Group
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Re: Miditzer 260 to controll real wurlitzer

Post by Jim Henry » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:21 am

Do you have more than just the chests? Have you worked with real TPO hardware before? It could be a long time before you need to worry about a relay. The chests are a small part of a theatre organ. Just trying to make sure you have a complete plan before you dive into a big project.

We do have a few members who have done things with real pipes. Hopefully they will jump in with some specific advice.
Jim Henry

Per_S
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 0

Re: Miditzer 260 to controll real wurlitzer

Post by Per_S » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:16 pm

Some years ago I used the 216 as a controller for testing some Wurlitzer units. See http://site.virtualorgan.com/community/ ... 86&start=0

Since then I have tested several devices like Xylophone, Glockenspiel, Chrysoglott. Since all Wurlitzer devices use the same magnets the setup will work also with pipes. I used the Midibox for this exercise.
Per S