Stops engaged by the crescendo pedal

Find out what all those theatre organ console button do
Martin
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 0

Stops engaged by the crescendo pedal

Post by Martin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:12 am

I believe this topic has been covered here before, but I am not able to find it now.

My problem is that the stops engaged by the crescendo pedal has gotten mixed up. I have used the default crescendo configuration, but not it suddenly has ghanged. I haven't deliberately made any changes in this regard. I checked it by hitting the "MEM" sign and going through the pistons.
Is there a way to restore the crescendo setting without changing the combinations that I have set?

Best regards,
Martin Roe Eidhammer
Norway

Jim Henry
Admin Group
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Re: Stops engaged by the crescendo pedal

Post by Jim Henry » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:04 pm

The crescendo pedal settings are stored in a "hidden" 11th crescendo memory level that you can access by clicking the MEM tag above the crescendo indicator.

To restore the default crescendo settings you could do this:
  • save your existing combinations with Save Combo File As...
  • select the crescendo memory level
  • load the attached "Crescendo216.csv" file with Import Memory Level
  • save your restored combinations with Save Combo File As... using a new name
The two Save Combo File As... steps are just for safety. It is the loading of the attached file in the other two steps that will restore the crescendo memory level.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim Henry

Martin

Post by Martin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:56 pm

Hello Jim

Thank you so much. This worked like a dream. I know that a lot of theaterorganist take a dim view of using the crescendo pedal, but knowing how it works on "my" Miditzer I think it is a nice way to vary the sound.

Best regads,
Martin Roe Eidhammer

Martin

Post by Martin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:36 pm

Hello Jim

As you understand fairly quick English is not my native language, but I believe there in English is a proverb about looking a gift horse in the mouth, meaning you should not complain about gifts. ;)

The file you send me was named Crescendo216. This came to my attention as I registered that the crescendo had no effect on the Solo manual. I should have pointed out in the first place that I have the Miditzer 260. I wonder; is there a similar file available for this edition?.

Best regards,
Martin Roe Eidhammer

Jim Henry
Admin Group
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Post by Jim Henry » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:56 pm

Martin,

You have nothing to apologize for with regard to your English because your English is quite good.

I have nothing to apologize for with regard to my Norweigan because I know not a word of Norweigan.

Therefore, the 260 crescendo file is attached. (No, that doesn't follow at all and this sentence should not begin with "therefore." I am just being silly. :roll: )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim Henry

Martin

Post by Martin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:17 pm

Hello again Jim

Tusen takk! Now you know two words in Norwegian. Therefore you can brag about it :?:

Best rgards,

Martin Roe Eidhammer

rhunt960

Post by rhunt960 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:08 pm

Martin wrote:Hello Jim

As you understand fairly quick English is not my native language, but I believe there in English is a proverb about looking a gift horse in the mouth, meaning you should not complain about gifts. ;)

The file you send me was named Crescendo216. This came to my attention as I registered that the crescendo had no effect on the Solo manual. I should have pointed out in the first place that I have the Miditzer 260. I wonder; is there a similar file available for this edition?.

Best regards,
Martin Roe Eidhammer

Yeah, Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. . .
Randy D. Hunt