Find out what all those theatre organ console button do
Jim Henry
Admin Group
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Getting different sounds from different manuals

Post by Jim Henry » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:14 pm

Posted on behalf of John King:

I've noticed for some time that I can't seem to get the sounds,[ voices], from the different manuals,solo,great , and swell , even tho I change the tabs for the different keyboards, [I have three' Yamaha YPT210] ,each of work quite well with my E-Machines computer and Interfaces,it's as if they were all playing in unison,with that tab in the disconected position. It's probably something that I've wrong, maybe I don't have enough ram, but I do seem to have enough GB's to run the different programs.[I have both of the 216 & 260sp organ programs], I also Have the Hauptwerk Sample virtual organ programs, but can only play it in the full version of the Vintage churh organ version which works quite well. I could sure use some advice this problem as I'd I'm sure there's an easy "fix" somewhere.

Thanks, John
Jim Henry

Jim Henry
Admin Group
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Re: Getting different sounds from different manuals

Post by Jim Henry » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:31 pm

Hi John,

I have a hunch about what is happening but we need to do a few test first just so we don't wind up going in circles.

I can assure you that the issue is NOT a lack of RAM.

Let's do our tests using the 260SP since you have 3 keyboards. Do the following:
  • Use CAN to clear all the stops
  • Set one distinctive stop on each keyboard so you have 3 distinct sounds such as Acc: 8 CLAR, Grt: MRIM, Solo: 8 TIB I
  • Play middle C on each of the 3 manuals to hear the sounds so you know what you are hoping to hear
  • Now play middle C on each of your keyboards and write down what manuals on the Miditzer are played by each keyboard, is it just one or several? You can also look at the on-screen manual to see what keys are being played
Post the results of this test.

If you can post a screenshot of the Input tab of the Miditzer Settings that will be very helpful.
Jim Henry