The 260SP

Find out what all those theatre organ console button do
Jerry Blue
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 0

Post by Jerry Blue » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:29 pm

Hi, Jim.
  I need to confirm some of the
perccusions on the 260SP Miditzer

1. How can i import more Traps and Stops?
2. How can i save my pieces?

Thanks!!!

CHEERS
JerryJerry Blue2006-10-17 21:54:16

Jim Henry
Admin Group
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Post by Jim Henry » Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:43 am

The Miditzer is a model of the Wurlitzer theatre organ as it was built about 75 years ago. The Miditzer does not provide for adding things. jOrgan may be of interest to you because it allows you to design your own organ. Kent Allman has designed a HUGE organ in jOrgan.Saving organ music in MIDI is difficult because you have to account for saving the registration and MIDI wasn't designed to handle that. It's not that it can't be done, it can. But it is hard to do it in a way that other people can play and hear the same thing as you recorded. We are working on it but we don't have a good answer at this time.Making an audio recording is easy and I have a video tutorial about doing that on the www.VirtualOrgan.com site.

Jim Reid

Post by Jim Reid » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:27 pm

Jim wrote,  in part:"Making an audio recording is easy....."Oh,  sure it is!  Unless you get "stage fright" as I do,  or whateverit is called.  I have to do a piece over and over again,  and it stillrecords a bunch less than satisfactory.  I have decided to just letthem go,  warts and all.  After all,  my pleasure is in the learning andplaying for myself;  however, we all try to "show off" to others attimes!  Just my showing isn't all that great.Jim

Per_S

Post by Per_S » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:46 pm

Jim,
The official WHOC refreshment cures stage fright and significantly improves you playing. Ask the Doc.  

Jim Henry
Admin Group

Post by Jim Henry » Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:18 pm

Jim Reid wrote:Jim wrote,  in part:"Making an audio recording is easy....."Oh,  sure it is!  Unless you get "stage fright" as I do,  or whateverit is called.
Well I was refering to the recording aspect rather than the playing. An untested idea I have for "the recorder is on" jitters is to always have the recorder on. With digital recording, it is so easy to record and to discard recordings, that it is practical to record everything you play. If you do that, I think you might eventually overcome the self-conciousness about being recorded and/or heard by others. And if you do have a good take, you can snip it out and save it. Having a "diary" of the music you are working on at various points in time could let you hear how you are progressing.

Brian Reynolds

Post by Brian Reynolds » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:20 pm

I don't know if this is the right place for this but here I go.
I have recently subscribed to the Miditzer 260 and am having problems with saving combinatrions.
With the 216, I could figure out a combination on the two keyboards and pedalboard and save it, then I could later recall that combination by pushing a button pp, p and so on.
With the 260, I figure out a combination on the keyboards, etc and save it but when I recall that combination, I only get the solo setting while those for the other keyboards remain as they were.
Am I doing it wrong or is there some other way to save and recall combinations for the Great and Accompaniment manuals?
Brian.

Jim Henry
Admin Group

Post by Jim Henry » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:26 pm

Brian, the combination action has a lot of features. Go through the video tutorial accessible from www.VirtualOrgan.com on the Miditzer Help page and let us know if that clears up the issue.

engrssc
Moderator Group

Post by engrssc » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:32 pm

More specifically this page: Miditzer Virtual Organ  It has everything you (ever) wanted to know and then some.

Rgds,
Ed

Russ
Moderator Group

Post by Russ » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:26 am

Brian, I think that you are just saving the Solo Combinations on the 260 whereas you are saving the whole organ with the 216. Check out the parts about setting up the Mapping. (MAP).

Dale Abrams

Post by Dale Abrams » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:25 am

Jim and crew-not sure where to ask this question about the 260. I have watched the tutorials (4) as to mapping,combinations , etc. Very helpfull.
Question - I cant seem to make the trem piston reversable ? Maybe not possible ? I didnt want to use a piston if it can be made a reversable from the touch screen/mouse or a switch closure.
Thanks
Dale Abrams
Conn650/Miditzer260