need help

Find out what all those theatre organ console button do
RTOS

Post by RTOS » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:52 pm

Hi I just downloaded the miditzer and poked a few keys.  It seemed to work right at first but now when you click on a kety with the mouse it won't play until you release the mouse then stays on until you click another key or click the right mouse button.  Also if I turn a trem on it cnacels the stop I have on.  Is this right?
Russ S.

engrssc
Moderator Group
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 0

Post by engrssc » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:03 pm

Hi Russ and welcome,

In answer to your question - no. Which version of MidiTzer - 216 or 260SP?
By keys, can we assume computer keys? BTW, what are the specs of your computer? Are any other programs running? You can get helpful hints on the Forum under the topic Installing MidiTzer esp under getting to Base Camp.

Rgds,
Edengrssc2007-03-26 18:04:20

RTOS

Post by RTOS » Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:18 pm

Hi Ed,
It's a nearly new HP ZD8000 laptop runninf XP Pro.  Nothing else running except outlook and tnis explorer window.  I downloaded the 216.  Yes, I'm just poking the keys on the screen with the mouse.  I was not quite correct.  Turning a trem on or off doesn't shut off the stop but will stop the key that is playing.

Everything plays on the backbeat.  I'll try rebooting the PC and see if that corrects it.
Russ

Jim Henry
Admin Group
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Post by Jim Henry » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:22 pm

How are you turning the trem on and off? There is no way to hold a key with the mouse and change a stop tab with the mouse too. I'd suggest holding the keys with the computer keyboard, Z to / for the white keys, and using the mouse to play with the stops.Since you have a new whiz bang computer, be aware that hyperthreading and dual cores seem to cause problems of sticking notes. But you probably won't encounter that until you add a MIDI keyboard.