Anatomy of a Real Theatre Organ

Find out what all those theatre organ console button do
engrssc
Moderator Group
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 0

Post by engrssc » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:02 pm

I came across an interesting web site by the Cinema Organ Society of the UK Cinema Organ Society. Among many interesting features is a power point presentation of the mechanics of a real TO. Theatre Organ Anatomy - Power Point Here you can see all the intricate mechanisms that go into a real Theatre Organ. (Very well done).

Also on this site are 2 downloadable musical presentations of a WurliTzer and a Compton TO Sound of a Real Theatre Organ . (You will need RealPlayer for these).

In furthering our "education" of these wonderful, complex instruments, it only makes one appreciate all the more the work of Jim and Crew and others in bringing to us the amazing (ongoing) sounds of the virtual Theatre MidiTzer Organs (within reach).

Rgds,
Ed

PS: various CD's are also available from them (Cinema Organ Society - UK).

In thinking about the CD's, I might add, a list of available CD's (from various sources), could be of interest as learning tools. Nothing like learning from the accomplished masters to further our own playing techniques.

Quite possibly, many of you have, or know of the William McMains 'Vintage Theatre Styles' course (and CD) Cyrus Roton has been making available. Good stuff. (If you need his email address, write to me privately).engrssc2007-06-28 23:07:04

ndiniz

Post by ndiniz » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:40 pm

http://www.cinema-organs.org.uk/main%20 ... l.htmError 404! NOT FOUND! In fact, most of those links don't work, except for the first one!

Jim Henry
Admin Group
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Post by Jim Henry » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:07 pm

An archived version of the Power Point presentation is available:Theatre Organ Anatomy