Share pictures of your Miditzer Here

Photo Gallery for Member's Miditzers
Jim Henry
Admin Group
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Post by Jim Henry » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:19 pm

Miditzer users demonstrate remarkable ingenuity in creating consoles for their Miditzers.  Some are very simple and others quite elaborate.  Any console that lets you play the Miditzer is a good console.  This is the place to share pictures of your console to inspire your fellow Miditzer users.
To upload a picture in your message, click on the Image Upload button in the upper right of the Post New Topic editor window:

To get the ball rolling here is a picture of my first "console."  This is so rudimentary it hardly merits the name "console" but it served me well until June of 2005 when I took it down so I could use the keyboards for the Miditzer room at the ATOS convention.

This is a Casio CT-640 keyboard for the Solo manual and an Ensoniq VFX keyboard for the Accompaniment.  There are no pedals and no expression. You'll also notice that there is no screen display.  The computer and screen were behind me when I was facing the keyboards.  I have never felt a need to see the Miditzer screen while playing.  If I was a better organist and did more with registration changes, I might feel differently.
The CT-640 is very old, it predates General MIDI.  I bought it new, long before I ever thought about the Miditzer.  What is really nice is that it has 15 preset buttons that send program change messages giving me 15 pistons for the Miditzer.  I went for a very long time with just this one keyboard.  Don't feel that you need a lot of gear to start enjoying the Miditzer.  You can do a lot with just one keyboard.
The VFX is one of very few keyboards that includes polyphonic aftertouch, which is about as close as you'll get to real second touch on a standard MIDI keyboard.  I got this so I could test the various types of MIDI Note input that the Miditzer supports.
Below and to the left of the keyboards you can see a MIDIbox that I was experimenting with.  In front is the core board with an attached LCD display.  In back are a DIN board and a DOUT board.  This configuration provides 32 switch inputs and 32 logic level outputs. 

Jim Henry
Admin Group
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Post by Jim Henry » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:31 am

If you have a picture to post, start a new topic and give it a
descriptive subject to make it easy to find your installation. 
There are some great ideas being posted and people may want to find
your installation.

Try to limit images to no more than 750x600 pixels. If they are larger a link to the image will appear in your message rather than the image itself.