Dave's Miditzer/Pipe organ in Greensboro GA

Photo Gallery for Member's Miditzers
Crispycritter
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Dave's Miditzer/Pipe organ in Greensboro GA

Post by Crispycritter » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:11 pm

Pix of console & some of the great division pipes
The console is a 60's vintage Allen utilizing the Opus-two system for midi control
The organ is 12 ranks of mostly classical pipework. In addition to the Miditzer, the organ is combined with 3 synths (keyboard, perc & orch) to perform a plethora of musical styles.
Additional pix & info at our website http://www.heimer.siteblast.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

toplayer2

Re: Dave's Miditzer/Pipe organ in Greensboro GA

Post by toplayer2 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:36 pm

Very impressive, Dave!

Joe

StentorVox
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 0

Re: Dave's Miditzer/Pipe organ in Greensboro GA

Post by StentorVox » Tue May 30, 2017 11:16 pm

Great installation, Dave.
I am working on the opposite.
My 260 MidiTzer powers sixteen outputs to amplified speakers and a MIDIfied baby grand piano plus a few speaker cabs with vertical pipe speakers (sort of like the Conn/Baldwin style pipes, but designed with more specific adherence to physics of sound) and a set of 7 horizontal trumpet speakers mounted in an en chamade cabinet.

But I am designing the opposite of your design, adding four ranks of winded pipes (a four-rank Wurli chest I am slicing into four separate narrow chests to sing through four ranks of true pipes). Lighter, plus more transportable for my touring organ (that single pipechest is heavy!. I have patterned my pipes after a fantastic set built by John DeMajo.

Instead of the usual blended organ wraparound sound (a-la Cameron Carpenter), this touring setup has separated ranks into discrete sounds to acquaint today's learners to identify the different organ sounds available. The MidiTzer is a perfect engine to pull this off.

Keep me posted on your project. How difficult list to keep your pipes tuned to the speakers?

pk
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.