Ted Zick's MidiTzer in a Schober Recital Console

Photo Gallery for Member's Miditzers
Ted Zick
Groupie
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Ted Zick's MidiTzer in a Schober Recital Console

Post by Ted Zick » Fri May 18, 2012 6:30 pm

Have reached the point with phase one to put down the hammer and play the instrument.

The sound is great and the project a lot of work.

Two Yamaha Keyboards one 61 and one 76 key MIDI keyboards

Schober Recital pedalboard midified with MGB encoder and microswitches

Sony DAV FX500 Theater system for sound

Win XP Home PC with SB 24 bit Live sound card using SPDIF coax link to Sony

ACER 23 inch monitor on arm to rotate and move for viewing music

See May 19 Posting with pictures

Ted Zick
Montvale VA
Last edited by Ted Zick on Thu May 31, 2012 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

WERSI-Tifoso
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 0

Re: Ted Zick's MidiTzer in a Schober Recital Console

Post by WERSI-Tifoso » Sat May 19, 2012 1:30 am

Ted,

Congratulations! Unfortunately Your pictures can´t be opened the method You published them.

But You could help us to share Your joy and pride fully by attaching Your pictures through the "Upload Attachment" routine ( see at the bottom left of the "post a reply" form right beside "Options").

Hartmut ;)

Ted Zick
Groupie

Post by Ted Zick » Sat May 19, 2012 2:28 pm

Thanks for the response. I guess that the save and re load after saving did not work the way I thought it would. The pictures showed up during the preview and I saved it since the forum kept cutting me off while trying to upload the pictures. I read the how to and followed it but couldn't figure out how to select more than one at a time so the server kept dumping me and asking me to log in again and then my post had disappeared.

I will try this again"

The sound is great..
IMG_1524 750 pixels.jpg
IMG_1511 750 pixels.jpg
IMG_1523 750 pixels.jpg
Two Yamaha Keyboards one 61 and one 76 key
Schober Recital Pedal Board midified with MGB encoder and Micro switches
Sony Dav FX500 Theater System for Sound

PC with WIN XP Home and creative SB 24 bit Live using S/Pdif coax to theater system deoder

ACER 23" Monitor with VESA mount and ergonomic Arm to rotate and view pdf music files
IMG_1521 750 pixels.jpg
IMG_1518 750 pixels.jpg
Ted Zick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rmac

Post by rmac » Sat May 19, 2012 4:34 pm

Nice work. I'm glad to see you are running the 160C version. A perfect choice for that set up. How does my "Good man" Sound on it? Does it feature the piano pedals also?

Bob

bobinmissouri

Post by bobinmissouri » Sun May 20, 2012 10:44 am

Ted, Nice fit on your Miditzer. Perfect for the 160C. In this layout you can also play piano roll midi files and you can play along with them if you want to.

How do some of the songs that I adapted and posted to the 160C Miditzer song files sound on your console? Most all of the songs that I adapted came from midi files posted on the internet. It takes a lot of work to adapt these files, as the notes need to be modified to make them sound better.

Great project, well done.
bobinmissouri

Joe Roberts
Groupie

Post by Joe Roberts » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:41 pm

Hi Ted...............nice setup....how's it going now?
Say..........How were you able to S T R E T C H out the tab-control layout on your touch-screen? I suppose it may be a feature of a particular brand of CP you are using? I can do it with my HP laptop (used on my single keyboard/no pedal practice set-up), but not my Toshiba touch screen (which I bought specifically for my full-organ set-up) <<<<see show us yours>>>. Otherwise both my CP's are Window-7 home premium, 64bit...
Regards,
Joe Roberts

Ted Zick
Groupie

Post by Ted Zick » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:40 pm

.How were you able to S T R E T C H out the tab-control layout on your touch-screen? I suppose it may be a feature of a particular brand of CP you are using? I can do it with my HP laptop (used on my single keyboard/no pedal practice set-up), but not my Toshiba touch screen (which I bought specifically for my full-organ set-up) <<<<see show us yours>>>. Otherwise both my CP's are Window-7 home premium, 64bit...
Regards,
Joe Roberts
Joe,

Have been re-working the console to solve some operating issues and of course often sidetracked with outdoor activities in summer.

I am running Win XP Home SP3 and using an Acer H233H 23" LCD Monitor (without touch). The windows settings show "stretch" and that seems to do it. Assume something similar on Win 7.

I can send a screen print of the settings in Control Panel if that helps.

The Organ works great and my favorite activity for relaxation is to play the 160C if I can fight off my wife from the piano console! We both are especially fond of the 160C Instrument.

I am working on fixing some early creation problems and sound improvement on the 160C.

Thanks for looking and let me know if I can offer any further input on the stretch setup.

Ted Zick

Ted Zick
Groupie

Post by Ted Zick » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:48 pm

Joe,

I haven't had much experience with the monitor settings since the PC I have been using was an older eMachines with ATI video drivers. I have been working on changing the organ's PC to a different PC which has NIVIDIA video drivers. I am now encountering your problem on how to stretch the MidiTzer Desktop.

I came across the exact problem you are encountering when I set the screen resolution to higher resolution to see how my Adobe Reader for Music responded. It shows a much clearer display of the individual music as I had hoped however the desktop shrunk in from the sides accordingly. I fiddled with the resolution and by reducing it several increments was able to get it to span the width of the screen but some of the bottom part was cut off. For my application (no touch screen yet, no toe pistons yet, and no foot volume pedal) does not cause a big problem right now.

You Might try adjusting the screen size in you Windows application to see if you can come up with a compromise that still works with your touch screen application.

I never encountered the problem with more primitive computer technology. For what it is worth!

Ted Zick

Joe Roberts
Groupie

Post by Joe Roberts » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:43 pm

Hi Ted..........glad to finally hear from you......
Hey.....IT WORKED !!!......THANKS A MILLION....with your simple instructions, i was able to stretch my touch screen to my satisfaction with no wasted space..... :-) :-)