Tony/Spain
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

My Miditzer

Post by Tony/Spain » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:12 pm

Hi Folks

Let me tell you about my MidiTzer .

Solo ….. a very old ( more than twenty five years ) Technics K300

Great / Accom …... A Thomas Symphony ( still a current model )

Pedal ….... Studiologic MP 117 ( the Thomas pedal board “ died “ two notes stop working ) .

Discussion point !!!!!! I opted for 17 note pedal board because how often does one play notes above the “E” in Cinema style playing ,( left footing ). 31 note pedal boards ,are , in my opinion are just an EGO boost , unless you are only playing classical stuff , i.e. Widor's Toccata , symphony nº 5 .

The whole lot goes through a Midisport 4 x 4 to the computer running XP .

The output from the computers sound card ( Sound Blaster ) is routed though the amplifier and speakers of the Thomas , the speakers being 15 feet ( 5 metres ) either side of the console . ( lovely delay , again feels like a proper cinema )

The computer keyboard is being used to drive the pistons .(left on the music desk )

The expression pedal had to be moved to allow the 17 note pedal board to sit where it is . With the raising of the expression pedal I find that it gives the feeling of a “ proper “ Wurlitzer playing position .

What is next ? .. When money allows I am going to get three M-Audio Keystation 61
note manuals and use the MP 117 pedal board to build a console , that will allow me to put the Thomas back as a keyboard players instrument .

Does anybody know where I can get a midi expression pedal from ? .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jim Henry
Admin Group

Re: My Miditzer

Post by Jim Henry » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:13 pm

The Behringer FCB1010 MIDI Foot Controller is only device I am aware of that provides off-the-shelf MIDI expression in a somewhat stand-alone form:
It also gives you 10 "toe studs". Don't know if it would feel like a proper Wurlitzer though. :?

Tony/Spain

Re: My Miditzer

Post by Tony/Spain » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:55 pm

Hi Jim

Thanks for the info .. I will look into it .

With the Miditzer program I am sure it will feel like a proper Wurluitzer !!!!!!!!!!!!