New Organ Console

Photo Gallery for Member's Miditzers
bristolpa
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

New Organ Console

Post by bristolpa » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:20 pm

I just wanted to update to my current console. This one I built to accommodate a third keyboard. It also provides space for the Ketron SD2 Orchestra Wizard in addition to a laptop. The SD2 sound is routed through the two upright speakers on either side of the console while the main organ is processed through a separate amp using the Rockus Speaker System. This combination allows me independent volume control between the two systems. With a total of nine speakers, needless to say it produces a fantastic sound.
I have installed the Miditzer, Christie and Hammond organs. What a great combination....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by bristolpa on Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill

johnh
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 0

Re: New Organ Console

Post by johnh » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:25 am

Looks like a pair of Roland EV-5 pedals on a custom wedge. What do they plug into? Thanks. Looks like a serviceable console. Congrats!

---john.

Joe Roberts
Groupie

Post by Joe Roberts » Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:43 pm

what a neat, compact little setup....three manuals...beats my two.....i don't have the room for another full keyboard......was thinking of a little shorty controller-type addition like about 25 keys (not fullsize keys)....but with full MIDI function input/output.....suggestions welcome....
have fun;
jr
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Joe Roberts on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jim Henry
Admin Group

Post by Jim Henry » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:06 pm

RockBand 3 keyboard controllers might be the least expensive choice right now. You'd probably want to figure out a way to replace the batteries with a power supply.
Jim Henry

Joe Roberts
Groupie

Post by Joe Roberts » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:48 pm

thanks jim.....
i'll look into it.......otherwise i am having a hell of a ball with both miditzers (and several hauptwerk-straight organs including the [dry] paramount 310....)
i have converted almost everything i own that runs on batteries to run dually on a variable voltage low watt/amps dc plug-in transformer(s).....well worth the efforts.....
jr

Jim Henry
Admin Group

Post by Jim Henry » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:21 pm

US$26 with free shipping:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003RRTXLA

Only 1 left.

The Wii version is US$24.34. Throw in a pack of gum to make $25 for free shipping:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003RS19XE

I'm sure the Wii version would be indistinguishable from the PS3 version for your purposes. I have the PS3 version. I am guessing a little bit on the Wii.
Jim Henry

bristolpa

Post by bristolpa » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:26 pm

johnh wrote:Looks like a pair of Roland EV-5 pedals on a custom wedge. What do they plug into? Thanks. Looks like a serviceable console. Congrats!

---john.
John, you are correct. The Expression pedals are Roland EV-5. They plug into the Great and Swell keyboards.

Bill
Bill

StentorVox

Post by StentorVox » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:27 pm

You have done well with a design to incorporate a respectable balanced console identity when it is so easy to simply toss a bunch of stuff together.

Unusual treatment of Hammond and theatre pipe sounds playing concomitantly.

Kudos for your cosmetic console appeal that dignifies the sound of the King of Instruments.

pk
StentorVox.com

StentorVox

Post by StentorVox » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:05 am

Sure, Joe
I have used both a 25-note keyboard with smaller keys and a 32-note Roland with full-size keys I tour in a suitcase for teaching en-situ MIDI seminars. As long as the keyboard manual features MIDI OUT. Plug it into your MidiTzer computer and go for it!

My first serious 260 MidiTzer console was created in a non-working 950-TA WurliTzer console I gutted and replaced keyboards with a stack of my own MIDI keyboards, including a smaller MIDI keyboard as Wurli had done - perfect early solution for moi!

See: <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6IjN_zuNjM> for an example of someone playing this pre-MIDI electroid instrument with its mini-keyboard.

StentorVox

Joe Roberts wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:43 pm
what a neat, compact little setup....three manuals...beats my two.....i don't have the room for another full keyboard......was thinking of a little shorty controller-type addition like about 25 keys (not fullsize keys)....but with full MIDI function input/output.....suggestions welcome....
have fun;
jr