Rick’s Miditzer

Photo Gallery for Member's Miditzers
Palladium
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 0

Post by Palladium » Sat May 03, 2008 3:00 am

Hello Rick

Good to come on line and see you on here giving advice. I'll be looking forward to your help setting me up with  the 260sp on my Conn652 as soon as you can spare the time.
I bought a computer today to the reccomendations of Miditzer so ready to go.

Merv Lock

greenfox

Post by greenfox » Sat May 03, 2008 3:14 am

Hi Merv

Thanks for your email and this message.  Yes I am here getting my virtually daily fix of Miditzer.

Glad to hear you have decided to jump into Miditzer earlier than you first thought.  This forum is a wealth of information and there are may more willing helpers each with experiences in different areas of Miditzer.

Lance came to my place today and was most impressed with my Miditzer (despite its current humble location)

See you tomorrow at GoMA.

greenfox

Post by greenfox » Sat May 17, 2008 12:06 am

Merv's Miditzer is up and running!

The Midi on Merv's 3 manual Conn was set up in two separate stages to run firstly to a Roland keyboard for solo voicing, then secondly to use Roland sound modules with organ presets.

We were quite easily able to make configuration changes in Miditzer so that no hardware changes were required.  The keyboard and piston configuration options in Miditzer allowed this flexibility, including allocating specific pistons to the most practical functions.

Russ
Moderator Group
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Post by Russ » Tue May 27, 2008 6:00 am

I have moved the Artisan files to another thread called "Connecting to Miditzer with Artisan" as suggested by Rick. 
Russ2008-05-27 07:46:20

greenfox

Post by greenfox » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:59 pm

Hi everyone!

A small update.  My third keyboard has been dropped in to me (thank you Stephen).  It is from a Yamaha E70.  There are some differences but it suits perfectly from a touch and appearance perspective.

I need to order some more MidiBox boards to be able to wire it in.

I am quite happy with how it can sit under the roll top cover and the existing placement of the top cover and music rack.  I will need to fabricate some side panels.  I think I will remove the other side panels also and try to get a clean sloped look with key cheeks.

My music room up in the house is getting closer weekend by weekend.  I hope to have good news to report on that soon.

Jim Henry
Admin Group

Post by Jim Henry » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:16 pm

Rick,I am making progress on a 32x32 switch matrix with MidiBox. At the expense of having to add diodes to the key switches, you can get 1024 inputs with just one DIN and one DOUT. If all 61 keys are on a common bus, you might prefer a 64x16 switch matrix and Graham Wykes is exploring that possibility. Any interest?

greenfox

Post by greenfox » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:20 am

Thanks Jim
That does sound interesting.  I had thought I would order a few DOUT cards to experiment with a LED tab indication system.  I could also look at this matrix option as time permits.  I noticed some posts regarding the MidiBox matrix, but have not yet followed the links to research what is involved.

eionmidi

Post by eionmidi » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:27 am

Hi JimI would be very interested in a 1024 diode Midibox switch matrix.  My project uses a large number of inputs and I have purchased a Midi Boutique board.  This works fine so far (I am only  about one third through building the console) but I would really like a backup input system.   I have followed this  idea on the Midibox message board and although I have used the Midibox hardware (for outputs),  I have no facility to create the necesary software.  If you could do this, I am sure it would help many of us.Eion.

Jim Henry
Admin Group

Post by Jim Henry » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:51 am

The newest DIN and DOUT boards from SmashTV use four ten pin IDC connectors to provide 32 inputs or outputs; pins 9 and 10 are Vss.I know the switch matrix will work when the cathodes (banded ends) of the diodes are connected to the DOUT and the other end to the DIN when the switch is closed. There is a parameter for swapping "columns" and "rows" but I don't think that affects how the diodes are connected. I haven't studied its effect yet.At the moment I have working code for an 8x8 matrix that uses a configuration table to define the MIDI Out messages for each switch. I am studying the code to understand how to expand this to 32x32. I am pretty confident it can be done because someone else has already has already done a 32x32 matrix for inputs with velocity sensitivity but without debouncing. The original example code includes debouncing as does my 8x8 matrix.There is a chance the 32x32 matrix will require the 18F4620 PIC processor which has a larger memory. It is US $1 more from SmashTV.

greenfox

Post by greenfox » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:05 am

Hi everyone!

My Miditzer is back in the house.  It now has its own special room that is my new den.  Yesterday I built Ikea book shelves and moved lots of stuff.  There is still sorting to do as a next stage.  Today I cleaned everything and brought them up stairs.  I invited my son and some of his mates to help get the organ up.  The trolley saga was an interesting story on its own.  I have the sound system all set up and playing FM radio but no other inputs connected yet.  Tomorrow is another day.  Now it is on the house I can nibble away at little tasks in comfort where previously it was either too cold or too hot and so much trouble uncovering everything and setting it up.

I am keen to get it back to the function I had and then try various sound card options and Linux computer options.