Cavaillé or Miditzer?

Goings on in the world of theatre organs
quintanilha
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 0

Post by quintanilha » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:32 pm

Hi, I downloaded by suggestion of El paharo Cavaillé coll organ. My question: Is it easy like Miditzer to load classical songs (I´m amateur) because I´ve got a local with my classic musics or is it impossible for amateurs only for professionals????
In fact  I thought it is very complicate.......
PS:  If you understand my language I´ll write in Portuguese....Jim Henry2008-12-17 17:14:03

elpaharo

Post by elpaharo » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:40 pm

quintanilha wrote:Hi, I downloaded by suggestion of El paharo Cavaillé coll organ. My question: Is it easy like Miditzer to load classical songs (I´m amateur) because I´ve got a local with my classic musics or is it impossible for amateurs only for professionals????
PS:  If you understand my language I´ll write in Portuguese....
Cavaillé coll órgão. se baseia na jOrgan. E, como tal, é um pouco complicado. Olha aqui para ver a raiz órgão em que se aseia. http://jorgan.sourceforge.net/ E sim, é muito complicado, mas é um Chruch Organ.Seu Inglês é melhor thatn meu liceu língua! Manter a escrita em Inglês.Lets continue in English so all can understand/ elpaharo2008-12-17 16:45:09

elpaharo

Post by elpaharo » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:17 am

quintanilha wrote: Hi, I downloaded by suggestion of El paharo Cavaillé coll organ. My question: Is it easy like Miditzer to load classical songs (I´m amateur) because I´ve got a local with my classic musics or is it impossible for amateurs only for professionals????
PS:  If you understand my language I´ll write in Portuguese....
quintanilhaNo VPO is as easy as Miditzer to install and use. Jim Henry and Crew have spent countless hours to get it that way.The Cavaille organ is a very nice (IMHO) virtual Pipe Organ. Yes it appears to be very difficult to install.  This morning I downloaded and got it working in about one hour, but, I already had jOrgan installed on my computers and have experience with jOrgan.   As you said, you are a beginner and as such I recommend you stay with Miditzer until you get more familiar with Virtual Organs. When you feel that you are ready to explore alternatives then join the Forum at http://www.nabble.com/jOrgan-f19960.html and see if this style organ is more to your liking.Bill (el paharo)elpaharo2008-12-20 11:57:37

WERSI-Tifoso

Post by WERSI-Tifoso » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:59 pm

Quintanilha,

I fully support elpaharo in his judgement on Mididtzer. I have experimented with almost all VPO´s: none is as simple to handle. But.....

the utmost of classic sound You can get out of a VTPO ( as f.i. Wurlitzer) due to its tonal concept is demonstrated in a very fine example in the Ron Reseigh Concert 260 (which comes along with the installation files (not Console Up!!!))with his interpretatation of the Toccata and Fugue in D Minor of JSB.

The second best are organs ( classical from baroque to romantic like a really big Cavaille Coll) run on Hauptwerk basis made by Crumhorn-labs ( google for it).
They cost a bit, but the sound is alsmost perfect. To run classical files You best use the Midifile-Player which comes along with Midi-Ox and Midi-Yoke. (free download!)

Does this help?

Hartmut
WERSI-Tifoso2008-12-20 13:02:32