Tromsø, Norway - Miditzer?

Goings on in the world of theatre organs
silentfilmmusic
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 0

Post by silentfilmmusic » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:50 pm

Cross your fingers, folks.  I am bringing my Roland PK5 with me to the "Silent Film Days" festival in Tromsø, Norway and the festival is wrangling up a midi keyboard and appropriate stand.  I've accompanied silents at the fest on piano for the past two years and this year we're gonna give the Miditzer a whirl (Wurl?).  Shows are held at the city's 1916 cinema, the oldest functioning "kino" in Norway.  I will be using Mtz on Sunday Sept 7 for a 3pm show of Keaton's Seven Chances and a 7pm show of Nell Shipman in Something New.Website for the fest Stumfilm Dagere (some program info may still be in Norwegian, even on the "English" page) is here.Ben

silentfilmmusic

Post by silentfilmmusic » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:50 am

Greetings from Norway...Well, you can uncross your fingers...the Miditzer is a go for the two programs I am accompanying this Sunday (Keaton's Seven Chances and Nell Shipman in Something New).  There is much interest and excitement about this, as it's a sound no one has heard/experienced here before.  I will post pics.Ben

CallDon

Post by CallDon » Sat Nov 22, 2008 12:43 pm

silentfilmmusic wrote:Greetings from Norway...

Well, you can uncross your fingers...the Miditzer is a go for the two programs I am accompanying this Sunday (Keaton's Seven Chances and Nell Shipman in Something New).  There is much interest and excitement about this, as it's a sound no one has heard/experienced here before.  I will post pics.

Ben

Hi Ben,

Newby here.  I looked for a post after your show but there was none.

So tell us, how did it go?  Tell us about your performance?  Did the people respond well to the "new" sound of the Mtz?

What did you use for the sound/speaker system?  Room sound or what?

One of my goals for the MidiTzer is to be able to present silent films and VTPO music where it has not been presented before.  Using a smaller midi-console or even midi keys and pedals, I can go to smaller groups, church fellowship halls and places like that.  I think some others on this forum are probably already doing that. 

I also have a Bose L1 sound system that I am excited about trying out with the Miditzer to see how it will sound using one-channel sound.  I know it is not the best for realistic sound.  But for "the experience" and for portability, it might work.  Excellent bass with TWO of the bass cabinets.

Sure, a traveling Walker or Allen or Rodgers would be nice.  But the Miditzer plus keys or small midi-console is affordable and doable.  That's why I am interested in the sound system you used.

D*

silentfilmmusic

Post by silentfilmmusic » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:20 pm

CallDon wrote:
silentfilmmusic wrote:Greetings from Norway...Well, you can uncross your fingers...the Miditzer is a go for the two programs I am accompanying this Sunday (Keaton's Seven Chances and Nell Shipman in Something New).  There is much interest and excitement about this, as it's a sound no one has heard/experienced here before.  I will post pics.Ben

Hi Ben,

Newby here.  I looked for a post after your show but there was none.

So tell us, how did it go?  Tell us about your performance?  Did the people respond well to the "new" sound of the Mtz?

What did you use for the sound/speaker system?  Room sound or what?

One of my goals for the MidiTzer is to be able to present silent films and VTPO music where it has not been presented before.  Using a smaller midi-console or even midi keys and pedals, I can go to smaller groups, church fellowship halls and places like that.  I think some others on this forum are probably already doing that. 

I also have a Bose L1 sound system that I am excited about trying out with the Miditzer to see how it will sound using one-channel sound.  I know it is not the best for realistic sound.  But for "the experience" and for portability, it might work.  Excellent bass with TWO of the bass cabinets.

Sure, a traveling Walker or Allen or Rodgers would be nice.  But the Miditzer plus keys or small midi-console is affordable and doable.  That's why I am interested in the sound system you used.

D*
Don, just saw this post.  I posted a report with pics on the forum, but under the "show us your miditzer" topic.  Click here http://jbwebserver.net/mforum/forum_pos ... D=810&PN=3 to see it.Ben