Los Angeles CA: Wurlitzer Weekend 1/15-17

Goings on in the world of theatre organs
Jim Henry
Admin Group
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Los Angeles CA: Wurlitzer Weekend 1/15-17

Post by Jim Henry » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:09 pm

Next weekend is Wurlitzer Weekend in Los Angeles. It is a good chance to hear 5 Wurlitzers played by top artists in 3 days. Plus, the weather is gorgeous here in sunny Southern California. Details are available at http://www.latos.org.
Jim Henry

panjere

Re: Los Angeles CA: Wurlitzer Weekend 1/15-17

Post by panjere » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:13 pm

Hi Jim,

I am performing for LATOS on a Rogers Olympic 333 organ in two weeks. I cannot find anything on the web or otherwise on the specs of this organ and it is not available for me to look at before the performance. This will be my first live performance in 10 yrs so I am alittle apprehensive about performing on an instrument I know nothing about. I posted a question on the forum about the organ, asking if anyone had a photo or knew anything about the organ and someone seems to have replied according to my Google search (site.virtualorgan.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=10&p=17766 -) but I cannot find this response anywhere on this site.

Any suggestions? The people sponsoring the event have been useless in this matter.

Thanks.

Steve

johnh
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 0

Post by johnh » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:20 pm

panjere wrote: I posted a question on the forum about the organ, asking if anyone had a photo or knew anything about the organ and someone seems to have replied according to my Google search (site.virtualorgan.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=10&p=17766 -) but I cannot find this response anywhere on this site.
Hi Steve,
Recently the forum experienced an 'issue' and about 1 week's worth of posts were lost. It's possible that your topic was rasised and responded to during that week and now the posts are gone. :o

---john.

Jim Henry
Admin Group
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Post by Jim Henry » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:47 pm

Steve, are you quite sure that the sponsoring organization is the Los Angeles Theatre Organ Society? It is quite unusual for LATOS to sponsor events on anything but pipe organs. In fact I don't recall then ever having an event on an electronic organ except for two special events at the 2005 ATOS Convention. If it really is a LATOS event, PM me the name of your contact person and I'll see if I can do anything to get you some help.
Jim Henry