Fatar SL-161 as controller keyboard

You need one or moreMIDI keyboards to really play the Miditzer
patrickmm
Groupie

Fatar SL-161 as controller keyboard

Post by patrickmm » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:48 pm

I just acquired a Fatar Studiologic SL-161 midi controller keyboard for possible use on my Miditzer. It has two parallel 5 pin standard midi outs. The extra out makes possible control of a module with extra sounds or instruments that someone might prefer over or in addition to regular Miditzer voices. This keyboard does not have any internal/onboard sounds. The keys have a very good feel to them with little side to side play and pretty much the same kind of feel that my Hammond L-100 spinet has, which I like very much. The SL-161 also has a jack for an expression/volume pedal which would be the standard Fatar universal pedal that is still available in retail stores for about $38US. I know that there have been a few posts here about problems in finding a way to do separate expression for each manual where there isn't any expression pedal jack on some keyboards. A sustain pedal also came with the keyboard. The expression pedal controls both of the keyboard split zones simultaneously. Zones may be set be separate or they may overlap each other in any way you like. It has after touch and programmable velocity to add some realism to a sound modules voices also. Midi channel, bank select, and program change is also available. The distance from the top of the white keys to the bottom of the case is 2-1/4 inches. The distance from the top of the white keys to the top of the control buttons on the top of the case is 3/4 inch. These keyboards were $600US about 6 years ago and now you can find them for about $100 used. I'll post some pics here if I can.
Studiologic SL-161.JPG
SL-161 Rear Panel Connections.JPG
SL-161 end view.JPG
SL-161 Rear Panel Connections.JPG
SL-161 Features Legend.JPG
SL-161 diving board keys.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WERSI-Tifoso
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 0

Re: Fatar SL-161 as controller keyboard

Post by WERSI-Tifoso » Sat May 01, 2010 1:37 am

FATAR is an italian company, which produces naked, midified keybaords of all categories, ready to connect to a midi controller (Universal Midi keyboard electronic kit MKE).

http://www.fatar.com/scegli.htm

Togehter with an appropriate midi-equipment they can be cascaded easily only the woodwork beeing left for the builder of the console, all at a very reasonable price.

http://www.doepfer.de/home_e.htm ( go for products, scroll for OEM/DYI )

I use such a manual for my project of adding a third manual to my WERSI, soldering,wiring and midi programming not beeing my prefered hobby :roll:
IMG_4125.JPG
Hartmut
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

johnh
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 0

Post by johnh » Sat May 01, 2010 12:07 pm

Bare FATAR keyboards are difficult to obtain in USA. [url=http://midiworks.ca"]MIDI Works[/url] (in Canada) uses them in their 'keyboard stacks' and I believe they will special order other models from FATAR. I have not found a US distributor that is easy to deal with. I'd be happy to hear otherwise.

Sedaray
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Post by Sedaray » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:53 am

Here's the email I got when I wrote to the nearest distributer to me here in LA, California, US:
-----------------------

Hello and thank you for your interest in Studiologic Numa Compact 73.

I would be happy to arrange a demo session for the keyboard at a local Woodland Hills dealer, Gear Orphanage.
They may or may not have the item in stock today but I can I can send one over within a week if you wish to make an appointment with the dealer.

Please contact Jason Giordano at Gear Orphanage. (818) 887-4327
Thank again for you interest and have a great day :-) D

Donovan Stark
Western Regional Sales
Music Creation Division
American Music & Sound
Phone: (800) 431-2609 X3710
Cell: (818) 879-3893 (or Text only)
http://www.americanmusicandsound.com
donovan.stark@americanmusicandsound.com