Genuine Wurlitzer 3 Manual Console for Sale on eBay

Comments and suggestions regarding Marketplace products
rockingmike
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 0

Genuine Wurlitzer 3 Manual Console for Sale on eBay

Post by rockingmike » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:16 pm

Here is a link to a genuine Wurlitzer Theatre Organ Console (OPUS 1883 - Loews Yonge St Theatre, Toronto) which has been fully converted to midi (Artisan Micro Midi System) including all 3 keyboards (along with second touch on accomp and great), bass pedals, all 130 stop tabs, 26 thumb pistons, 3 swell shoes (with piano sustain and sustenuto glide switch) 9 foot pistons and 2 piano levers with second touch.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wurlitzer-3-Manua ... 35ae1bd398
Rocking Mike

Jim Henry
Admin Group
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Re: Wurlitzer 3 Manual Console for Sale on eBay

Post by Jim Henry » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:18 pm

It is WAY overpriced. It would be overpriced if it was the complete organ in good playing condition.
Jim Henry

johnh

Re: Wurlitzer 3 Manual Console for Sale on eBay

Post by johnh » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:05 pm

Jim Henry wrote:It is WAY overpriced. It would be overpriced if it was the complete organ in good playing condition.
This appears to be a complete, digital, theatre organ system including sound generators, amplifiers, speakers, etc. If the restoration work on the console was done by 'professional' organ builders it's very likely that they could expect that price for the instrument. Have you priced a new three manual Allen theatre organ lately?

compton

Re: Genuine Wurlitzer 3 Manual Console for Sale on eBay

Post by compton » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:29 pm

Hi

i've seen second hand consoles without restoration go for $3000/$5000.

stop tabs and engraving $50 each..... $5000/6500 roughly there give or take.

re-leathering 130+ plus motors and getting them out/in--several days work

small blower $400/$800.

to midi fy----parts and labour $3000/$5000??
audio equipment no idea.....

Any body got a few bucks they wish to give me :D :D :D

ian
compton

OPUS1883

Post by OPUS1883 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:42 am

I'll clear this up a bit.... Small blower to run a double bolster console ? ? no such thing. Cost for a small in size, high output custom made blower to run console at 11WG pressure to run at 240 V £1800.

Console £6500.

Re-leathering the entire console, and re-wiring (done by a professional organ restorer) including all new stop tab contacts (which took months to complete which involved stripping down a huge amount of the console) £4500.

10 x JBL Professional speakers, Cloud prefessional amplifiers, custom made computer system, software, samples, custom made external sound module for traps, 12 channel midi sound card, Powered subwoofer + all cables, 5 x lexicon reverb modules, 12V 70A Power supply for the console, Marantz professional cd recorder / duplicator £11000

New stop tabs, refurbishmet of pedal board including all new contacts, MANY new parts for the console and full midi system £6000

New custom made bench (Blackpool Tower Replica), wurlitzer front cheeks and wurlitzer music desk £2500.

Plus other things that i have probably forgotten... and weeks / months of my time configuring and setting up the whole system.

I would put this up againts an Allen organ any day. Many professional organists have played this organ and are blown away by it.

For the Allen equivilent you would be looking at about £40000 second hand, and with this you are getting a piece of history.

It would never be the case of getting a console that has been stored for nearly 60 years... chucking a bit of leather at it and a midi system and you're away. This was a huge project to get it where it is today, and it's the only one i know of in the UK.

Chris

OPUS1883

Post by OPUS1883 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:00 am

OPUS1883 wrote:I'll clear this up a bit.... Small blower to run a double bolster console ? ? Cost for a small in size, high output custom made blower to run console at 11WG pressure to run at 240 V £1800.

Console £6500.

Re-leathering the entire console, and re-wiring (done by a professional organ restorer) including all new stop tab contacts (which took months to complete which involved stripping down a huge amount of the console) £4500.

10 x JBL Professional speakers, Cloud prefessional amplifiers, custom made computer system, software, samples, custom made external sound module for traps, 12 channel midi sound card, Powered subwoofer + all cables, 5 x lexicon reverb modules, 12V 70A Power supply for the console, Marantz professional cd recorder / duplicator £11000

New stop tabs, refurbishmet of pedal board including all new contacts, MANY new parts for the console and full midi system £6000

New custom made bench (Blackpool Tower Replica), wurlitzer front cheeks and wurlitzer music desk £2500.

Plus other things that i have probably forgotten... and weeks / months of my time configuring and setting up the whole system.

I would put this up againts an Allen organ any day. Many professional organists have played this organ and are blown away by it.

For the Allen equivilent you would be looking at about £40000 second hand, and with this you are getting a piece of history.

It would never be the case of getting a console that has been stored for nearly 60 years... chucking a bit of leather at it and a midi system and you're away. This was a huge project to get it where it is today, and it's the only one i know of in the UK.

Chris

markey111

Post by markey111 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:08 am

I saw this on ebay and (watched it closely and longingly :mrgreen: ) I can safely say had I had a spare 25k( 28 1/2 k on another site) I would have bought it overpriced or not lol I agree it's a piece of history and probably wont see anything like it again