How to program the computer keyboard, also mac version

Currently alpha test. Topics specific to the 160C.
organ4art
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

How to program the computer keyboard, also mac version

Post by organ4art » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:05 am

Hey Guys

I was wondering if anyone knows how to map out the computer keyboard or program or map which not plays what note, so the miditzer can play all the keys on the manuals as well as the peddles.

I do see the chart in the forum, when the program was first designed, but how do we do for the latest version of the miditzers program.

right, I do not have a midi keyboard to place on the computer, but would like to play all the keys and peddle board for now on my computer keyboard.

Also my friend is interested in the program as well, but he has a mac, so I would like to know of program or virtual machine that I can put on his mac so he can have the program as well.

It should not be hard to convert or rewrite the programing code for a mac machine.

Thanks

Kirk

Jim Henry
Admin Group
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Re: How to program the computer keyboard, also mac version

Post by Jim Henry » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:36 am

The only way to play more of the Miditzer from the computer keyboard is to use some other program that generates MIDI from the computer keyboard and then send the output from that program to the Miditzer with a virtual MIDI cable like LoopBe1 or Midi Yolk. Bome's Mouse Keyboard or MIDI-OX might be able to do the computer keyboard to MIDI task but trying to find a usable way of laying out two manuals and a pedal on a computer keyboard is going to be a challenge.

Ben Model is the resident Miditzer on Mac expert and he has posted about how to do it several times. I believe WINE is his preferred solution.
Jim Henry

johnh
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 0

Post by johnh » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:03 pm

Jim Henry wrote: Midi Yolk
Wayward spell checker? Or just 'egg' on your face? :lol:

Boy is it warm here today.

---john.

silentfilmmusic

Post by silentfilmmusic » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:56 pm

Howdy. Best bet to run Miditzer on a Mac is via CrosssOver for Mac. There is some latency with Fluidsynth; it is possible that this could be resolved by hosting the soundfont(s) separately instead of from within Miditzer. This is what worked for me with the giga samples (no longer available for download, unfortunately).

Ben

moonskin

Post by moonskin » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:43 pm

You may be interested in this thread.

http://site.virtualorgan.com/community/ ... 77&start=0

I've just booted the CD to a Macbook Pro (Intel) and it works beautifully. (No USB boot though)
Cheers
Graham