Orla GT9000 dlx2

Photo Gallery for Member's Miditzers
slotman2000
Spam Stopper: theatre organ
How many Style 216 did Wurlitzer make?: 12

Orla GT9000 dlx2

Post by slotman2000 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:45 am

I have an Orla gt9000 dlx2 connected up to my laptop PC running Miditzer.
Everything is working with Miditzer with the exception of the swell pedal on the Orla.
I have Midiox connected to the Organ midi out and I cannot get any signals from the swell pedal.
I wonder if anyone knows the correct midi settings on the Orla needed to produce midi signals from the swell pedal.
Many thanks.

csw900
Groupie

Re: Orla GT9000 dlx2

Post by csw900 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:17 am

I had never heard of Orla organs until I read your query and had a look at the online user
handbook.

Unfortunately the handbook is very long and not all that enlightening and I did not find
the answer to your query. Have you tried BOTH swell pedal inputs, it is likely that only one
of them would be output and you may be using the wrong one.

Alternatively you could perhaps connect your swell pedal directly to the Miditzer either
instead or as well as the Orla.

csw900

reuel

Re: Orla GT9000 dlx2

Post by reuel » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:07 pm

slotman2000 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:45 am
I have an Orla gt9000 dlx2 connected up to my laptop PC running Miditzer.
Everything is working with Miditzer with the exception of the swell pedal on the Orla.
I have Midiox connected to the Organ midi out and I cannot get any signals from the swell pedal.
I wonder if anyone knows the correct midi settings on the Orla needed to produce midi signals from the swell pedal.
Many thanks.
The MIDI implementation Chart of your organ clearly states that Expression (CC#11) (= the swell pedal?) is NOT transmitted OUT.
GT90000 DLX-2 Midi.png
Try channel #16 (AUX) CC#7 (volume) setting to swell in Miditzer and check which knob or slider will work the swell pedal in Miditzer. If it is me, I will then plug a Yamaha FC7 to the "pedal volume" jack of the back panel of the organ and use the Yamaha FC7 as Swell pedal instead.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.